Tuesday, January 22, 2013

It's Treat Tuesday!! Reading & Snacking!





It's my favorite day of the week!  The day where I share books and snacks! Thanks to Shannon Houghton for this great meme picture and Niki Barnes for the great idea!

I really didn't think I was going to get this in today, but I got a book order in and FINALLY got to read Chloe and the Lion by Mac Barnett and Adam Rex!  This book is HYSTERICAL and I know my students are going to LOVE it!!  In fact, I am scrapping what I had planned tomorrow and THIS is what I am reading to my 2nd and 3rd graders!  


I am pairing this fabulous book with my favorite snack of this time of year- Thin Mints!! (As a side note, I have decided that Girl Scout Cookies should not be sold so soon after New Year's Resolutions have been made! ;)

Back to the book! Chloe is lost in a forest and meets a lion (well she was SUPPOSE to meet a lion!), when the author of the book and the illustrator get into a little disagreement about parts of the book!  I was laughing out loud at this book.  Then I found the book trailer that made me laugh even more!  


What a way to end the night AND what a way to spend my day tomorrow!  Can't wait to share this book!  Happy Reading & Snacking!

No comments:

Post a Comment